Friday, March 30, 2012

Hard to believe that I haven't posted anything on here for so long.
I was thinking about the scripture from Colossians 3 this morning: "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. " the word 'affection' is defined here as 'mind'.
I don't think that the Lord is telling us that we can not enjoy what He himself has given us on this earth, or that we are not to appreciate the beauty of the earth. Certainly, we are to appreciate and enjoy our family and friends as well..and even the talents that we engage in.
I think what the LORD is trying to get my attention about this morning, is my attitude.
If you read all of Colossians 3, you first of all, find a warning that says if we are to appear with Christ in glory, then we must put to death the things that we 'know' are evil in our lives. I think some of these things are pretty apparent to us..fornication, idolatry, covetousness, etc. We are even told that God's wrath will be directed toward us for indulging in these things.
We are reminded that once upon a time, when we did not serve Christ, we walked in these things, but, now...knowing better..we are to avoid them. Also, we are to put off anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication- lies. I think we all know - just like children- when we are doing wrong and when we are not.
Maybe we don't have as big a problem with the above as with the following scriptures from colossians 3: Put on the new man -as the 'elect' of God, be holy and beloved..hmmn that's a thought in itself. It goes on to say, put on kindness, humbleness of mind, long suffering, forgiving one another - just as Christ forgave you! That one, I need to remind myself of from time to time. Put on charity and let the peace of God rule in your hearts and be ye THANKFUL!
So, my thoughts this morning are that I am to seek out what Christ would have me do.
Once again, when this ole flesh wants to hold a grudge..wants to bask in self-pity..the Bible says a definite "NO!"
But, you say.."you don't understand what this person did to me".
All I know is that with all of us, pain comes our way in life, but we do not have to live in it.
I keep going back to what my dear mother said to me, all the time..and I do mean, all the time.
"If you want to be forgiven, you have to forgive" I think that when we make up our minds to
truly forgive..we have a release of sorts. We are freed up in our thinking and once again we are not only able to show Christ love to others, we are able to receive it for OURSELVES. Isn't that what the LORD wants for us? HIS LOVE....HIS CLARITY OF MIND..HIS PEACE?
GOD did not make little robots down here on this earth He created. HE made real people, with very real feelings, but HE also equipped us with a heart that is truly capable of forgiving and loving even beyond our own selfish desires.
When we realize these scriptures are written for our benefit, that God's love is being poured out for us in these words of His, then we will find true victory.
It's a daily 'putting on Christ' people..and when we do, we will truly walk in His blessings.

Enjoy the Springtime- NOT JUST OUTSIDE- BUT, IN YOUR NEW WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS, FROM GOD'S PERSPECTIVE!

HAVE A BLESSED EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment