Thursday, December 9, 2010

Do you know the Lord? "Oh yes! I am a Christian!"
Do you go to church? "Well, I haven’t been in awhile. I plan to go."
Do you serve the Lord Jesus Christ? "Well, what do you mean?" I sometimes go to church. I believe in Him."
Do you ever read your Bible? "Well, I had a Bible once, but we moved, and I can’t find it."
I have a sister- a few years older than myself, who is definitely a Christian. She really is more than just a sister. She has been instrumental in teaching me not just the importance of accepting Christ into my heart, but she has taught me deep truths of the Bible. She is my friend. Well, actually, I have two sisters who are Christians and best friends to me. Each of them loves the Lord, and each are working for Him in different ways.
Back to the older one She use to embarrass me a lot with her boldness. We could go to Dairy Queen for instance and a young person would be there...say maybe a waitress..and I would watch my sister’s eyes, for they were not really into our conversation. I could see she was not only curious about this young person, but concerned. Finally, the opportunity arose and she seized it!
The above written conversation - or something similar- usually came about.
She has led so many people to Jesus Christ, that all I can say is, if there is a reward system in
Heaven, she is going to be blessed in many ways I’m not. As I think about it, my younger sister is a lot like her! Huh, wonder where they acquired that boldness from!? (I laugh to myself).
Yes, I love the Lord. I’m getting a little better about witnessing. I usually choose the easier
route- family- friends- church members. Maybe she and I have different gifts for the Lord, but
at any rate, I thoroughly am glad for those that have the boldness she possesses and USES for
God.
Did you know that your salvation is a gift from the Lord above? Truly a gift. I am coming more and more into that awareness lately.
There is scripture to back this up. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that NOT of yourselves, it is the GIFT of GOD- not of works, lest any man should boast !."
How important is salvation to you? It should be the most important thing in the world to you, for it is to God. He gave His Son that we might inherit eternal life. Jesus gave His life for us all, so that we might truly LIVE.
I had two grandmothers. My Dad’s mom and her husband truly enjoyed all this world had to offer. Her husband, Carr, was a wonderful man, and took his role as grandfather seriously. He would take us to his beautiful flower and vegetable garden. We so enjoyed picking beans- eating fresh strawberries- watermelon. Roses? Carr knew and cared for every variety you could think of. . We each had a pair of rubber boots and we thoroughly enjoyed our grandad Carr and loved his genuine love of life.
The two of them enjoyed good music, good books and good food. We even came to enjoy -certainly not understand- Carr’s love of the opera. Julia, or JuJu as we called her, was a wonderful gourmet cook. Her roast duck was the best! The short times we had with them were fun times. I do not recall either of them ever telling us children of their faith in Christ Jesus.
Our other grandmother was a whole different matter. We didn’t see as much of her, but she certainly made an impression on our lives. Nana. She was pretty and delicate, very small in stature, but oh so powerful with her words. Nana was a firm believer in Jesus Christ and when
Nana spoke- we were definitely quiet, because Nana was convinced she had to save us all from
going to Hell. If you knew Nana like we all did...this would get a laugh or two- but, looking back I am so grateful for her boldness. Nana loved the Lord and Nana loved her family. She realized the importance of salvation. She was on a mission. Her rewards will be great.
My Mom was a Christian and a believer and as I’ve said before in other writings, Dad was not. He was a lover of life and all it offered. One glorious day, he came to Christ, as did his mother and step father before they died. Their life was not filled with the blessings that come from our Lord, but I know they are in Heaven and praise God for that. God brings many people in to our lives - so many have blessed us in so many ways. I’m grateful for both my grandmothers and of course, for my dad. I’m so grateful for my mother who helped me understand the importance of my salvation, and the act of accepting Jesus Christ into my heart as Lord and Savior. One of the most important things she drilled in to me was the act of forgiving. Thank God!


So, salvation is a gift. Paul spoke to Timothy in 2nd Timothy 1:5 "When I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in you also. ..8: Be not you therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be you partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;9who has called us with a holy calling; not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.11 Here is a statement you can trust: If we have died with Him, we will also live with Him
If we persevere, we will also rule with Him - If we disown or deny Him, He will deny or disown us. If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot disown Himself".
Nana knew this. My Mother knew this. My sisters know this. I know this.

I’m getting a little bolder these days, for I know Jesus Christ will return and I know the plan God has for this world of ours.
I want to be included in His plan- not only of redemption- salvation- but, I want for myself and all - God’s gifts He offers in the NOW. His peace. His Joy. His hope.
"Lord, how do we tell your people without seeming fanatical? Does it really matter? How can we not go to those you send us. I’m so grateful that you brought this gift to me and countless others and that you want ALL men, and of course, women and children, to be saved and to come to the KNOWLEDGE of GOD!...That is your heart’s desire- your ultimate aim for us all.
Help us - me- all- to be diligent. Help us to not only search the scriptures, but OUR HEARTS, each and every day of our lives on this earth. Help us to be willing to go at your command. Help us not to fear ridicule. May we all be led of your gracious Holy Spirit when He calls. You will give us the words to speak.
Paul was viewed as a strong teacher. He knew because of his past and the sins he committed that his salvation was truly a gift from your hand, and he would stop at nothing trying to bring
this good news to others. Thank you Lord for him and for those that took this message of yours seriously- ridiculed for their beliefs- yes, sometimes, but living now in victory with you.
Yes- there is no doubt of that! Thank you Jesus for your giving us your life so we might live.
Thank you for this gift- the best of all!" In Jesus’s Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment