Friday, December 3, 2010

Whose direction do you seek?
Ever been with someone driving a car and you knew you were headed in the wrong direction?
There have been so many jokes about men not wanting to obtain or heed direction. I’m certainly not trying to say all men refuse getting direction from others when they are driving, for I have
witnessed this in some women as well.
Me? Well, I’ve stopped many times and asked, sometimes only to be more confused in the
process. I do believe that if one is driving in circles, one - whatever gender - might need to
get out a map if possible, or seek direction from another.
I hate going in circles. I hate spending my time wandering around and around the same old thing- the same old sins...the same old feelings...the same old lies of the enemy.
I think our country is kind of like that right now...for the most part. Wandering around and around in the same mire and muck. It doesn’t seem to be that we have advanced much in some
areas.
I’m needing direction in my life right now about some issues. Are you?
Who do you go to for direction? A favorite aunt or uncle? Grandparent? Parent?? Friend?
We have to be careful whose advice we follow.
We are living in a time when there are seeming to be more problems out there than usual.
There are many things and reasons to be thankful for...true...all is not gloom and despair.
But, we are living more and more in a day, it seems, when sometimes, the unthinkable occurs.
As Christians, should we be surprised at the things going on? I think we have a way
of throwing off the shocking news of the day...as if we were ridding ourselves of a tacky old
sweater. "I’ll think about this later"..I seem to remember another person..fictitious one at that,
but one I certainly have identified at times with- Scarlet O’Hara from the movie
Gone With The Wind. She was always charging ahead...wrapped up in her own feelings..and
regretting some of what she had done, but not doing much to change it.
Just think - She and Rhett could have been a striking twosome, if only, they had been ruled by something deeper than their selfish desires.
So..I guess the point I’m trying to make is this. God says in His Word, that if we will seek Him
and ask for His Wisdom...He will give it liberally. God never lies. He never breaks His
promises. He is Truth. He knows the next word out of our mouths (Help!!) And He alone knows
us inside and out and knows our future.
God knows the future of this country. God has a plan. God will carry it out in His timing.
The Lord will return for His Bride...His Saints...Those who are seeking Him with all their hearts
and minds.
We have a firm foundation in Him alone. We have a map- the Bible. We have the One who
will always point us in the right way and when we submit to Him, keep us on the right path
that not only leads to salvation, but a blessed way of life.
"Lord, help me today, and all of us, to put aside ‘self’. Forgive my pride at times - forgive us all-
when we turn to anybody and anything that gives us advice that is far from what you want. I think sometimes, it seems so much easier to be able to justify our actions, than to seek your will in something. We need your direction. I need your direction. Keep our feet on the path that
you have put us Lord. May we not be led in any direction apart from you. We need you Lord
and our families need you and our country and this world needs you. Help us today, to seek
your will...your direction...In Jesus’s Name. Amen."
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart..lead not to your own understanding. In all your ways,
acknowledge Him, and HE SHALL DIRECT YOUR PATH!" Amen and amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment