Tuesday, August 9, 2011


Well, it has been a long time since I've posted anything. When I initially set up this blog..I was excited. I just knew that I would reach so many people, so many, with so much wisdom!
I do not regret praying and receiving from the Lord above, nor do i regret posting these "words of wisdom". I have no regrets. I just realize now that should the Lord send someone my way, that whatever message He gives to me..He gives to ALL who will listen!
Texas drought! Texas is burning up! The high today 106 deg. with Heat index of 120! whatever the news says...it's pretty dramatic.
I must admit that I'm tired of it all. I have had my moments of despair. Crying, pouring out my heart to the Lord over witnessing so many huge, lovely trees dead or dying.
I haven't witnessed cows dying, but I know so many have. I haven't witnessed deer dying, but
I know so many have.
I have fought this drought at times. Water, water...pour it on..Let it soak! I has to soak, because if it doesn't soak..it will just run off and do no good.
I have witnessed most of my beautiful flowers I potted in the spring, dead or dying. Seems like no matter how much water one pours on them, they just cannot tolerate this constant high of over a hundred degrees every day!
"I've sought the Lord, He heard me and delivered me from ALL my fears!"
I was sitting outside today...just had to water some more. I brought my Bible outside and was reading Psalms 18. I love that Psalms because I know that it states, when how the LORD will intervene with us. You must read this one for yourself.
I think sitting in front of the television, watching the depressing news of the day..and the depressing forecast for the week, is not the answer. I also think, that sitting in front of the computer, glued to Facebook for every highlighted move of those around us, is not the answer.
I think the answer lies in us getting out of the house-finding a chair that we can sit in and take in this wonderful world that the Lord has given us- is! The next best thing of course, is finding that quiet spot in our home, where we can read from His Word and focus on just Who He is and What He can do! We spend far too much time focusing on what man is and what man can do!
So, if you are able today...move out of your home for a bit..Curl up in some chair with your Bible and let God speak to you. This morning God spoke to me...A telephone wire had two doves on it. They were snuggled so close together, they appeared as one. I could take in the wonderful sounds of all different types of birds chirping here and there. My cats and dogs sitting near or at my feet at times. Wind rustling the pages of my Bible and tinkering with my hair.
I focused on those doves. I tried to take a photo of them, and I'll put it on here, but just to see them..serene..loving on each other.
We know not what each day brings to our life..but, God wants to bring good. In the midst of a storm or drought, God wants to bring good. We cannot find it via the tv or computer. There is a time and place for it all..communicating with friends and family is wonderful, seeing all the new pictures out there...reading or hearing great messages or stories a good thing. I also think it serves a wonderful purpose in revealing new prayer concerns, but, should either the tv or computer steal away our time with our Lord? How can we hear from Him when we are so busy hearing from others? There is a balance in everything..I need to practice what I preach!
Jesus said, "Look at the birds of the air..your Heavenly Father feeds them!" He tells us to look at the birds..the flowers...the trees...all of nature..He created...trusting in Him to provide.
What do they know that we don't?
"Lord above, when I am so depressed...and yet, pursue even more bad news, help me! Be my overcomer...Surely, I can take on some sort of long needed task- communicate with my family- sit outdoors and listen to creation be overjoyed with your presence. The enemy strikes at your people thru dire times. We are still able to breathe, eat..(most of us!)...have a bed to sleep in..
smell the earth! There is so much that we all take for granted, that I take for granted, and one of the most important things we take for granted is Your Presence seeking us...Your trying to speak to us..and us ignoring you. We'd rather focus on all the excitement..all the extremes of the day.
Help us...help me...to come back to you...and set our feet once again on the Rock of Jesus who came down here...so we might live and have victory each and every day!!! Rain? when Father?
Shall I ask you again and again, or just trust in Your being the creator of it all and in your unfailing love for all your people!!!! Forgive me Lord...forgive us all! In Jesus Name I pray. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment