Friday, October 14, 2011

blessed assurance

Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine!
Such a lovely morning-still dry, but the air much cooler. Fall. My favorite time of the year.
I went on a Christian site to find an inspirational video to maybe lift some people to rethink
their problems. I think if we have Jesus as the center of our lives, our problems aren't nearly
as overwhelming as we think they are.
I found a video. I'm going to post it here..If I can figure out how to do that.
I must admit that many times in my life, I wake up with problems on my mind. If I don't wake up that way, they have a way of trying to come and pounce on me! lol So, I've learned, hit the knees (while I still can! lol) and get quiet with the Lord. Whatever was so profoundly on my mind the night before, usually, becomes a little washed out the next morning. Not nearly as intense.
In the area where I live, there has been a lot to deal with lately. Texas has been hit by a devastating drought, and where I live, like many places, has been ravaged by fires. I am so thankful that my home and that of my families, are still standing, but to witness the loss that so many have endured is very sad indeed. God is at work in the rebuilding of homes and broken hearts, and that is a great thing to see in all of this, but this process will take a long time. We have to be still and KNOW that God is in control, and He loves His people and will see them thru this.
Everyone doesn't have an 'earth shattering' thing to deal with. Sometimes, it's the little annoying things that get to us. There are times that we so want people and situations to change, that we get so frustrated, thinking God can not hear us, or won't answer our prayers. Many times, God will reveal the character of Himself to us, and remind us that our hearts are not where they need to be.
I again, and going back to the video of today. God hears us and every day, he lavishes on us His sweet and loving nature. He tries to remind us (if only we tune in to Him) that there is nothing He doesn't know about. Psalms 139 speaks of this. God knows the number of hairs on our heads and he knows where we are and what we are doing and thinking, even before we speak to Him.
He loves us and thinks upon us so much that He compares this to every speck of sand on the seashore. I wonder, how many times do we wrestle with our problems before we ever think of Him?
God gave us Jesus. Really, if we thought on that..THAT..that person..God manifested in the flesh, should be enough. Truly, if we really spent some significant time in prayer and Bible reading, we would come to realize that He is all we need.
He gave His life so we might live, and live victoriously! Wonder why we sometimes choose to
bask in the gloomy thick of things before we come to Him? Believe me..I've found myself enjoying self pity at times. It's no way to live.
We have All we need today. Remember the hymn..Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine! Oh what a foretaste of Glory Divine!! He is the King of kings, and He is ever interceeding for you today.
"Lord, help me to remember just who it is I serve! Help me and those reading this, to remember that you think on us and love us more than every speck of sand on the seashore!!! and that you are able to help us thru every difficult thing that comes our way. In Jesus's Name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment