Friday, October 7, 2011

WHAT CAN I GIVE TO THE LORD?

I woke up this morning..way too early..I couldn't sleep. I know that I ate something a little too late before I went to bed and suffered from indigestion. I KNOW my problem..it's not eating right during the day...sometimes not at all..or very little..and then at nite..overeating or eating the wrong kinds of food. I've talked to the Lord about this a LOT! I've received from Him..not a scolding..as I was tempted to dish out to my kids at times,but instead, wisdom. When applied, I sleep soundly..feel great the next morning. Oh, the flesh..get it under control woman or suffer the loss! Consequences from bad choices-ugh!
Well, decided to get an earlier start with the Lord for the morning, I usually go to Psalms first, but the Lord had other plans for me- Exodus. Exodus 33-35. I was unusally touched this morning in my spirit, because I was reading about the account of Moses and his closeness to the Lord above. You remember how the people had sinned when Moses first received the ten commandments- Moses came down and the people had melted their gold and made a golden calf.They thought they needed something else to worship. Drunkenness and idols-bad combination. Of course there were serious consequences to this action.
God loves the sinner-hates the sin. He is so Holy- so Pure. The one thing we can count on tho' is His mercy and love for us all. Moses pleaded with God for this mercy for his people, and God came forth, yet once again! I especially was touched by Ex.33:12-23. Moses is, I think, pleading with the Lord because he has been with him on that mountain top..he has basked in God's glory. Remember? Even his skin was so bright, he had to wear a veil over his face.
Moses knows who God is. The people were learning that.
I don't why they had such a problem with that one..after all..didn't they see the Red Sea be divided by that Higher Power? Weren't they saved from pharoah and his Egyptian Army?
We all tend to forget sometimes..just who it is we serve.
Anyway, the Lord told Moses that he had found grace in his sight..that he knew him by name. Wow! Moses then had yet another great experience of God revealing His glory once again to him, and received once again, the ten commandments. Moses begged God to be among his people and to pardon their iniquities. By the way, Moses said, "Pardon our iniquities". We have to remember this, in our prayers and observances of others, for we are all sinners, saved by grace.
God goes on to give Moses instructions for the people - feast days to observe and keep. They are also told to destroy all the images and altars of false gods, as they go to inherit the land God is giving them. They are to bring all their 'first fruits' to the Lord. They are to observe and honor the sabbath and keep it holy. Moses brought this information and lots more, down from that mountain to the people below.
They knew Moses had intervened for them, but more importantly, that God had given them another chance. Another covenant. Moses said,"Take from among you and offering unto the Lord: whosoever is of a williling heart, let him bring it, and offering of the Lord; gold, silver, brass and more."
The people gave their gold:bracelets, earrings,rings,all jewels of gold and the Bible goes on to tell the story of how they brought all kinds of offerings to be used for the tabernacle. They worked beautiful works with their hands-linens, spices, oils. They carved wood-worked with stones and brass and the like. They made an offering to the Lord!
What have you given to the Lord lately? What offering of yourself have you made?
I know the Lord has been dealing with me so on this one. I know it.
Is it all just about money in an offering plate on Sunday? I think not.
We are His people. He is our God! A mighty one at that, and a jealous God. The Creator of the Universe! Our Father in Heaven! Are we giving Him the time He deserves? The love? Any part of what He has given to us?
"Lord, forgive me..once again. I read this account and was so moved. I know that I have not done an inth of what I could have or should have done for you. I pray you will forgive me, my 'not listening' for your voice on this one at times. Show me how I can be of service to you today Lord.
Show me the offerings that will please you Lord above. I know I have received alot of grace and mercy in your sight, I know this. I want to live my life thinking about you Lord, and what I can give to you - you've given so much to me! in Jesus's name. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment