Sunday, October 31, 2010

We're all Not Noahs, but we are God's children!

What a beautiful morning. This autumn day is Sunday and it is crisp and even cold outside.
I woke up this morning to a thought, crazy tho' it seemed, about Noah. I hadn't thought about Noah before I went to bed last night, but woke up thinking about Noah and how he had worked so hard to built that ark to save his family. The Lord told him to build it out of gopher wood.
That puzzled me..why the emphasis on 'gopher wood'? I felt the Lord was impressing me that Noah did something that pleased the Lord. His task was monumental. Maybe the Lord was telling me that Noah had a huge work - even down to using gopher wood, and he did it.

I felt the Lord was impressing my mind about what had God asked me to do- NOTHING huge..but, what was the something He had asked of me that I was not doing.
I thought about it and decided that I was to put this on my blog as well for us all to think about...
Is there some little something that the Lord has asked YOU to do for HIM as well?

WE are all NOT Noahs! That's for sure! God promised never again to destroy the earth like that. WE have that wonderful rainbow as the sign on God's covenant on that one.

I went to my Bible this morning..I read about Noah. I read how the Lord told Noah to save his family and to save those animals. God Helped in this whole process! Noah was NOT alone in it.
God sent the animals to Noah. Imagine that one! Animals listening to God and going to Noah!
I thought about Noah sealing himself up in that ark with his family, and all those noisy animals for all those days and nights upon the earth. Don't you imagine it was scary at times..I'm sure even the animals and birds realized something much bigger than they was going on out there.
I'm sure there were times of absolute silence.

God was upset with mankind and what He had made. He was upset with their sins.
Noah pleased God. God saved Noah and his love ones. Simple as that. Because of Noah, the animals and all living creatures represented were saved. Noah really didn't save them, God did.
Noah just trusted God and the Lord did the rest. He gave Noah the strength and the wisdom and courage he needed to do the task. I think, after researching about 'gopher wood', that it was maybe a tree that existed before the flood, or perhaps even wood that was treated in some way that would be water resistant. At any rate, gopher wood was the word used in the Bible and the King James still uses it. It was what the Lord wanted and that was what Noah did. He followed God's instructions to the hilt.

I was reading about Abraham and his asking God to save Sodom and Gomorrah if there were at least fifty people who were not living in such terrible sins that it sickened the God. The Lord agreed and you remember, Abraham kept asking the Lord to spare the city if there was this number and that till it got down to ten. The Lord agreed. Turns out, there weren't that many but God spared Abraham and his love ones. Abraham pleased God. He followed and obeyed the Lord's command and God destroyed those in those cities that had turned completely away from him. There were warnings.

So, in all of this, I guess is the question..Is there something that the Lord has asked of you?
We are not saved by our good works, our terrific deeds- rather by the Lord's mercy and grace.
That is in the book of Titus. I think though, that the Lord sees our hearts and He knows we love Him and that we want to serve Him. I think He asks something of us all and He hasn't asked me to do anything as major as was required of Moses, Noah, Abraham and David, Paul, Peter, and many others, including His Own Precious Son, Jesus Christ.

I think the Lord was speaking to me this morning about 'little things'. What has he asked of us..
I believe He wants to bless us ...and show His love for us in so many ways. He already has so many times in all of our lives. I'm going to be thinking about his today, and hopefully, He will show me where I have failed Him. I'm hoping that whatever it is, I will be obedient. I pray for you today- whoever you are...that in your hopes for healing and restoration, you will think about what the Lord is requiring or asking of you, and say yes. May a little act of trust on your part will

bring huge answers to your prayers?
God bless you and have a wonderful day- trusting and resting in the One who loves you so much, and the ONE who understands everything you are going through right now. The One who heals and delivers. Trust in that!

Lord, Help me and all of us, to think more on and of you. Help us not to think about all our problems and situations, but as you delivered Noah...and so many others, and Abraham out of such darkness...and saved them and their families, that you are still restoring.. That is just one of the many wonderful benefits of serving and trusting you. Help me to understand what you are requiring of me- where I have not listened before. I think sometimes, you just want to see us trusting and praising you. When Noah and his family came out of that ark, He made a sacrifice to you and it was well pleasing unto you.
May we praise your Holy Name today and please you with some little sacrifice on our parts.
You never ask too much. In Jesus's Name, Amen." Titus 3: Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities , to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good- slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. ...When the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done!..but, because of HIS MERCY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment